很多人觉得美国的繁殖者大部分比国内负责。其实美国也有很多puppy mill（无良狗场）在冒充犬舍的。以及不良犬舍在骗钱！所以…在此给大家几点建议。如果你是买狗而不是领养的话，那么一定要找靠谱的犬舍。何为靠谱？下 面是Questionnaire list（询问breeder的问题列表），能都回答上来，并允许访问犬舍的才算靠谱。
1. How long have you been breeding (breed of dog)?
2. Why do you breed (Their breed)?
3. What are the strengths and weakness of your bloodlines. ALL dogs have these, be leery of "oh my dogs don't have problems"!
4. Where was the litter whelped (in the house, in the garage, a kennel) they need to be raised in the house, for good socialization.
5. Are the parents of the puppies both O.F.A.ed,thyroid, eyes (CERFcertified) or vWD tested and ask to see the certificates. (If the people don't know what you are talking about, don't walk but run as fast as you can away from them.)
6. Did you have any test done on the parents before you bred them? (Dogs can carry a VD like disease that can be given to humans.)
7. Ask to see at least a 3 generation pedigree ofthe litter.
8. Shots & worming, and how many have the puppies had?
9. What is the different temperaments of the puppies? Your breeder should be able to tell the temperament of each puppy in the litter. Why do you need to know this??If you lead a quiet life, you don't want a "busy bee" puppy and vice versa.
10. How big or small do you think the dog will be? In Shelties this is hard to determine, we can give you an 'approximate' height, but exact height and weight are not determinable.
11. What type of grooming does a (breed) take?
12. Have they ever showed any dogs in Conformation, Obedience, Agility, herding, or other "Titled" activity: depending on the breed of the dog there are several different types of activities available.
13. What age do they let their puppies go? (Do not take a puppy before it is 8 wks old.). In some states it might be a law as well.
14. Are they a member of any dog clubs?
15. I also like to ask breeders what their long term plans are: good answer, I want to improve on my bloodlines or improve the breed, etc and bad answer, I want to make big money fast, who knows just buy this puppy
16. Last but not least what kind of guarantee do they offer on the puppies?
A good guarantee is usually 2 years of age, by that time a lot can show up. This is the most important question you can ask after the one about the hip certification.
If so what is required? For example, some breeders will require you return the dog to them for your replacement.
Are you looking for a male or female puppy?
Do you plan on picking up your pup (driving), flying to meet us at the airport, or having us ship your pup to you?
Questions about you, the buyer: We kindly ask that you reply to the following questions -- these questions are not meant to be judgmental in any way. Please feel free to add any additional comments. Completion of this questionnaire is in no way a guarantee that a puppy will be sold/reserved to/for you.
Number of members in your family?
Do you have children? (please include ages)/
Are all members of your household away during the day?
How many hours a day will the puppy be alone?
If so, what provisions will you make for your puppy at that time?
Does anyone in your family suffer from allergies?
Does anyone who lives in your home, or who is a frequent visitor, a smoker?
Do you own a swimming pool?
If so, is it fenced separately from the yard, with no entrance under it?
Have you put a deposit on a puppy with anyone else at this time? If so who?
Do you own your own home or do you rent?
If you rent, does your landlord allow dogs?
Have you owned a dog before?
What breed/type did you own and what happened to them?
Do you currently have any pets (and age)?
Will they adapt to another animal in the family?
How did you decide on this breed?
Why do you want a puppy?
What will you do with the puppy if it does not work out for you?
Do you agree that if at any time you are unable to keep your puppy or dog, for whatever reason, you will need to return the puppy/dog to Golden Reflection kennel and we will find place him/her in a suitable home?
Where will your dog live?, Sleep?, Eat?, and Play?
Do you have a fenced yard, or fenced exercise play area for your dog?
If not, are you willing to construct one of these before puppy comes to live with you?
Do you know that we will not allow a puppy obtained from us to be tied in any manner? Do you understand why we insist on this?
Do you understand that a puppy purchased from us must be a part of the family and not be a dog that lives outdoors all the time?
What Veterinarian do you plan to use? (Name, address, & phone number)
Please list 2 references of people that know you, your family/work life, and any past relationships with pets (with address/phone #'s).
Do you plan on using a crate to help house-train your pup?
If not, how do you plan on house-training?
Who will be responsible for the care, grooming, and training of your dog?
Are you interested in doing any other type of training with your dog? (Obedience, Agility, Hunt Trials, Tracking etc.)
Briefly tell us about your family’s lifestyle, hobbies, and interests:
Briefly tell us the attributes you would like your puppy/dog to possess?
What do you expect from us, the breeders of your pup?
Are you prepared to feed a premium dog food to your dog?
Do you understand that your dog must be neutered/spayed?
Do you understand that we sell all our puppies on a non-breeding contract as required by the Golden Retriever Club of America, that it may not be bred unless this contract is removed by mutual consent?
If you decide to purchase a pet puppy from us, do you understand that the deposit ($300) that you give us to reserve a puppy for you is non-refundable (unless we do not have a puppy for you or the sex of puppy which you requested)?
Do you have any problem with natural care and supplements for your dog?
Will you allow a home visit by the breeder or breeder’s representative (if to far away) before a puppy is placed in your home?
Do you agree to all the conditions and state that the information provided by you is accurate and true?